The dandruff is a harmless and chronic condition which occur when the scalp becomes dry or greasy and produces the white flakes of the dead skin cells, which appear in the hair and on the shoulders. Even though the dandruff is harmless, it can be embarrassing for the people when they have it.
Generally, dandruff starts between the ages of 10 to 20. And it will affect up to 40% people over the age of 30.
The skin cells are continuously formed on the scalp so that the shading of dead skin cells of the scalp is a normal process. When you have dandruff the dead skin cells are shed at a faster rate than the normal rate. The oil from the scalp may cause the skin cells to clump together and appear as white flakes in the scalp.
The reasons for dandruff occur in the scalp:
There are many reasons behind the dandruff occurrence in the scalp and hair. These reasons can be divided into two ways as :
- Internal reasons for the dandruff occurrence in the scalp
- External reasons for the dandruff occurrence in the scalp
Let us see this reasons detail.
Internal reasons for the dandruff occurrence in the scalp:
- The Excessive consumption of sugar, fat, starch in food,
- Improper nutrition to the scalp and hair,
- Genetic predisposition from the family background,
- Allergic hypersensitive of the skin,
- Lack of rest,
- Taking more Emotional stress,
- Having Poor health in body,
These are some of the internal reasons for dandruff occurrence in your scalp and hair.
External reasons for the dandruff occurrence in the scalp:
- The Excessive use of hair products to the hair,
- The Improper use of hair-coloring products to the hair,
- The excessive use of hot hair curlers and curling irons in the hair,
- Live in a Cold weather and dry indoor heating environment,
- Taking more Stress and anxiety,
- Improper shampooing of the hair or frequent changing of the shampoos,
- inadequate rinsing of the scalp and hair while showering,
- Using many different types of hair care products on the hair.
These are the external reasons for dandruff occurrence in the scalp.
Prevention ways and treatment for dandruff:
Usually, the anti-dandruff shampoos are helpful in removing dandruff on the scalp. You can try a shampooing with a non-medicated shampoo, massaging the scalp inflexible and then rinsing it well with water. The instructions for use the shampoo depends on the specific shampoo used. Some of the shampoo are used on daily basis, where some of them are used only once or twice a week.
When you selecting the shampoo, just look for the anti-dandruff ingredients on the shampoo. Try to choose a
shampoo which has contents like ketoconazole, selenium sulfide, salicylic acid, sulfur, coal tar, and zinc pyrithione.
Because these contents are work against dandruff effectively. Which will help you to prevent the dandruff occurrence? And also you can you natural products which have a property of anti-dandruff function in your daily life to keep your distance from dandruff.
When the dandruff was already present in your scalp, that time also use can use the above things to reduce the level of dandruff and get rid of dandruff. Or else you can consult with the doctor, who prescribes a medicine for dandruff.
To keep dandruff under your control, you need to use the shampoo frequently, reduce your stress levels, try reducing your use of hair products and eat a healthy diet.