“Having the soft skin over their head, babies do suffer from dandruff at such an early phase of their life. The reason is simple that, the area on the top of the head should be taken care very carefully.”
Babies have a very delicate skin since a year of their birth. This skin should be taken care very carefully, or it may hurt the baby that can cause a life-threatening danger. However, just for a year. Dandruff on baby’s scalp is not common, but if you find those tiny white flecks on your baby’s head, then it may bother you.
Although dandruff is not dangerous to babies, it can bother you about the hygiene of your child. In this article, we will be stating some of the reasons and some of the remedies that will .
Reasons behind Baby dandruff
One can look at the following elaborated reasons for understanding the growth of dandruff in infants:
- Fungus and Skin oil: Due to excessive growth of fungus there will be shading of the dead skin cells that may lead to dandruff when mixed with the Skin oil. Excessive production of skin oil on the scalp of the baby also results in the production of dandruff.
- No Shampoo or too much of Shampoo: If you do not shampoo the baby’s head too often then it may result in compromise with the hygiene that will ultimately lead to dandruff. Too much use of the shampoo leads to the dryness and removal of the natural oil that can also result in dandruff.
- Skin Disorder: Many skin diseases like eczema can cause the scaly, dry and cracked head skin that eventually lead to dandruff.
- Heat and atmospheric factors: For one year, every type of climatic change with play with the skin of your child and hence sun exposures, too much of cold, dryness in the atmosphere, and much more will lead to baby dandruff.
Remedies for the baby dandruff
You can usually control dandruff by washing your child’s hair regularly with a medicated shampoo – for example, 2% ketaconazole shampoo. Massage the shampoo into your child’s scalp, and leave the shampoo in contact with her skin for 3-5 minutes, then rinse out. Source : Raisingchildren.net.au
Following are the ways that will help you in getting rid of dandruff on baby’s head:
- Make sure that you are cleaning the kids head. Use of the medical shampoo, rinsing the head carefully and brushing on a regular basis will help in taking care of the baby dandruff.
- Never use any conditioner on your baby’s scalp as these chemicals can be harsh for your baby’s skin.
- Smoothing the scalp with the help of Aloe Vera juice will assist in getting rid of the white flakes and brushing off the dead cells.
- Butter, being the amazing moisturizing agent, will not only remove dandruff but will also prevent it from coming back.
- Coconut oil is antifungal, and hence it is an amazing option to get rid of the baby dandruff. Apply it every day on the baby’s scalp and rinse off after half an hour with the lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
In this way, you can not only maintain the hygiene of your kid’s head but also make it healthy and moisturized.